Monday, March 09, 2009

Big Potato

Whisper

Well the weekend got off to a shocking start on Friday night when I was molested by a huge huntsman spider. Walking home in the dark, I suddenly felt something flapping round my face. I assumed it was flapping because it was managing to get at both my eyes, nose, mouth and ear all at the same time. Thinking it was just a big moth or locust or something, I grabbed it and threw it away whereupon the creature fell to the ground. I looked down to see a monster huntsman (see the "Christmas in the mountains" post below) staring back at me. At that point I apparently went very pale and certainly got the leg wobbles going. Nasty.


On Saturday I went down to Mittagong in the Southern Highlands with Emily to visit Palli and Fleur in their new place. Its very nice but even nicer is their new kitten, Whisper. The weather wasn't super and for the first time my sure-fire Platypus spot failed to deliver. At least we got over to Robertson to see the Big Potato. This has to be one of the worst "Big Things" in the whole of Australia. Little country towns all over the country contruct "Big Things" with a local theme to set them apart from the other little country towns in an effort to attract people. These range from "Big Things" like the iconic Big Pineapple in Nambour or the Big Prawn in Ballina to what surely must be the bottom of the scale in Robertson. Its not even that big and doesn't even look like a potato but rather something altogether less appealing. Classic.

The Big Potato

4 Comments:

At 10:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whisper is so cute!

 
At 12:38 pm, Blogger Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

Has Sneaky Pete been there of late because that does not look like a Potato.

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger Jarrod said...

Even after the mardi gras sneaky would struggle to squeeze that out.

 
At 6:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF!!!! Whats with all this unprovoked abuse? Jarrod.. I squeeze those bad boys out to TRAIN for the Mardi Gras!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home