Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pacific Baza

Audley, Royal NP

Remarkably I got a new bird for the list at the weekend and even more remarkably it was just down the road in the Royal NP. It was all down to another internet tip-off reporting the location of a nest containing three fledglings with regular feeding visits by the two parents. After arriving at the right spot, it took Jarrod, Paul and me about a minute to locate the nest with the babies flapping about and another minute before one of the adult birds came by. One of the more easy ticks with a pleasingly low b.p.b. (bucks per bird) - Pacific Baza (formerly the Crested Hawk) #385.

Pacific Baza

We had a bit of a wander and the bird-watching was pretty good with good views of three species of kingfisher, Rufous Whistler and Crested Shrike-tit. You don't see these around Sydney every day.


2 Comments:

At 8:08 pm, Blogger Jarrod said...

I don't believe I consented to that photo of me getting friendly with Paul.

 
At 9:50 pm, Blogger Jarrod said...

Also where are the tree tits I uploaded them especially for you. Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostandcold/3184229763/sizes/l/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home