Friday, January 02, 2009

Christmas in the mountains

Scorls

I've just returned to Sydney after spending a very pleasant week up in the Blue Mountains at Emily's parents' place. And very nice it was too if a little warm during the day. Their property is right out in the bush and backs onto a forested gully and so I spent most of my time just relaxing on the veranda with a cold beer and watching the birds go by. The Glossy Black-Cockatoos still manage to evade me but I'll have them before too long.

Monster!

The only downside involved my poor old car which is beginning to feel its age I think. We had to call out the roadside assistance twice but luckily we had mobile reception on both occasions. If you're going to break down then I guess its best to do it at a picturesque lookout. The car now has a new alternator and struggles on. She was almost put out of her misery by a falling tree though. Luckily we were outside the house and heard a crack come from a large gum overhanging the driveway. We moved the cars and that very night the whole thing came down right where all the cars had been parked! If we hadn't heard that cracking noise earlier we would have had at least two very flat vehicles on our hands. A close one!

Around the garden

1 Comments:

At 5:19 pm, Blogger Jarrod said...

Nice spider. I didn't manage to see any glossy black cockatoos just gang gang's and long billed correlas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home