Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wildlife at work

Rainbow Lorikeet

Why wait until the weekends and head out into the bush to spot the wildlife when its all in the carpark at work? Lorikeets in the bushes, dragons basking in the sun and Powerful Owls up in the trees.

Eastern Water Dragon

Well, the owl is living over the road in the national park actually but its only a couple of minutes from the office. Its been roosting in the same tree for a couple of weeks now so I pop over every so often to check up on it. Today it had a ring-tailed possum in its talons but I didn't have my camera with me. Its a bit tricky to get a good picture with the dim light in the foliage but here are a couple of efforts...

Powerful Owl

1 Comments:

At 6:52 pm, Blogger Gemma C. Solomon said...

I love the last picture of the owl looking down at you - it's got a great little face there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home