Friday, August 24, 2007

Spotlighting Owls

Crazy night-time trip into the bush

Following up on the Barking Owl tip, I headed out to Chatswood last night to a small piece of bush surrounded by houses and office towers. It didn't look too promising to be honest but 6 sightings in the last three weeks was enough to get me along. Walking about in the rain and darkness was more than enough of an attraction to lure Paul and Sneaky Pete along too.

Crazy lads

Unfortunately there was no sign of the rarer Barking Owls but we did spotlight a Southern Boobook #359 which is another hawk owl and the most common owl in Australia but still a new one for me although I've heard a few on nights out camping before. Anyway the sighting was good enough to get us published on my Rare Bird Bulletin website again! We did hear some barking but was this just a dog?

2 Comments:

At 4:34 pm, Blogger Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

Is it just me, or does Sneaky look like a serial killer?

 
At 7:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like the same ol' harmless perv to me.

pezzer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home