Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Internet twitching (28th January '07)

Well I'm feeling a bit stiff today as I made my debut for the mighty Grasshoppers FC in the North Sydney 5-a-side league last night. Why Grasshoppers? Who knows. Maybe something to do with our green shirts. Anyway it was a bit tough in the heat and humidity and we went down to a battling 5-3 loss to the most excellently named Kid Nuclear & the Victory Bunch. We're currently sitting 2nd in division 3 on goal difference after two games. All results, league tables and suspensions(!) are updated weekly and can be viewed here.

The rather unassuming Wilberforce Lagoon

On Sunday I popped up to Springwood in the Blue Mountains for Malcolm's mum's birthday. My internet bird bulletin had mentioned a pair of wood sandpipers were hanging out in a small pond which was loosely on the way. Well I just had to stop off and sure enough, after a few minutes searching the muddy banks (there wasn't really much bank to search, it being a very little pond) I spotted one of them. So that's the wood sandpiper #340 in the bag.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 pm, Blogger Jarrod said...

The emerald greens was a way better name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home