Sunday, August 26, 2018

Home

Glen Coe

Well I've no excuse for the neglect of my blog this time as plenty has been happening so hopefully we can set things right and get it up to date.

Maria in North Queensferry

Back at the end of May we headed back to Scotland for a couple of weeks. My in-laws came along as well and we were all treated to perfect weather and soaring temperatures which gave a glorious, albeit completely false, impression of the country.

Birthday dinner

My brother and nephews popped over from Groningen for a few days and so we were able to watch some of the group stage of the World Cup together and at a reasonable time of day which made a nice change. The boys tipped France before a ball was kicked so well played. The hours of FIFA on the PlayStation clearly paying off. My Auntie and Uncle, Linda and Tony, also made the trip up from down south and so my and David Timperley's birthday dinner in South Queensferry was a thoroughly pleasant occasion.

Back to North Uist ...

... at it's best

After a bit of time at home we headed up to North Uist with my folks before the in-laws kicked on to Ireland and Emily and I had to sadly return to the nightmare that is Sydney.

Enjoying Berneray with Emily

Uist was sensational as ever but even more so with the wall-to-wall sunshine. The fishing is still good and the birds were great. I don't know why but I didn't pull my camera out for the whole time and so I'm afraid that I can't share pictures of the many Short-eared Owls, Hen Harriers, Cuckoos, and other goodies that were swarming around the croft. Nor the Otter or the male Ruff in breeding plumage, or the Glaucous and Iceland Gulls that were all found at the RSPB reserve at Balranald.

Improvised Oystercatcher's nest

Emily was snapping away with her phone though and so thankfully I've been able to show you something.

Red Deer at dusk
 

1 Comments:

At 6:18 am, Blogger Unknown said...

North Uist looks as fabulous as it actually is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home