Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Snorkeling on the Barrier Reef

Clam

Although we saw turtles from several boats and also from the hotel window, I didn't manage to get any pictures. Nor did I manage to capture my first spectacular sighting of flying fish as they soared alongside the boat while travelling to the reef. The Barrier Reef, however, is certainly the place to try out your new underwater camera and, despite most fish swimming rapidly in the opposite direction, I did manage to snap a few 'record shots'...

Six-banded Angelfish

Lined Butterflyfish

Steephead Parrotfish

Greenfin Parrotfish

Whitley's Sergeant

Blue-lined Rabbitfish

Found Nemo - Barrier Reef Anemonefish

Hopefully I'll be able to get some more pictures from the waters around Sydney over the coming warmer months.

Across the reef
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home