Monday, May 28, 2007

Just not my day! (27th May '07)

Its all been a bit rubbish the last couple of weeks. A twitching trip to the Central Coast to bag the Swift Parrots (a dead cert apparently) turned up blank. We've lost all our football games in the new season, all our netball games and despite winning my first two matches as coach of the Lindfield Women's All Age Div 4 team (like all new coaches do) we've lost the last two. It all hit rock bottom on Sunday!

Top snorkeling action for the boys

I spent Saturday night in Coogee at Allan's place in order to get some early snorkeling in before going to the girls' football. All was going well until I tried to start the car. Parked on a very steep street meant that the petrol wasn't getting out of the tank (yes the level was low, but nowhere near empty). I was hemmed in by other cars meaning I couldn't roll down the hill to a flat bit and we couldn't push the car up the hill. So as I waited for the NRMA man to come, the lads went off to do their snorkeling. NRMA guy showed and in about one minute had towed me out of my parking spot allowing me to roll down the hill and once on the flat the car fired up no worries. By this point it was too late to go in the sea but I popped round to Gordon's Bay to see the most perfect conditions - it was like a mirror - and the boys leaping around like muppets after finding a Giant Cuttlefish. This one was just under a metre in length and was apparently very friendly and showed off its full colour/shape changing routine. Just my luck.

Giant Cuttlefish

Anyway, it was time for football so off I went. The girls played pretty well and the game could have gone either way until the referee came up with one of the craziest decisions I've ever seen. Since when did a goal-kick not leaving the box result in a free-kick to the opposition? According to FIFA's Law 16 of the game, never. Anyway the opposition went ahead and scored from it and despite my protestations (I'd have been sent to the stands in the Premiership!) the goal stood. We was robbed!

Friendly giant cuttlefish (and red morwong)

Oh well, things couldn't get worse could they? You bet you they could. Off to netball in the evening and we came up against a pretty average outfit. A chance to actually win a game maybe or at least not get spanked. But no, not with their basketball player. He just started throwing the goals down from every point on the pitch and single-handedly gave us a good thrashing. Its just all no fun anymore! :)

Giant cuttlefish doing its spikey yellow thing

1 Comments:

At 9:47 pm, Blogger Jarrod said...

That is one amazing cuttle fish that would have been great to see...
Netball is bad for you ankles although still far classier than Frisbee will ever be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home