Monday, September 04, 2017

The cuckoos are coming

Enjoying the mountain air with my father-in-law

I'm now finally getting the feeling that Spring is just around the corner. Out of the blue we had our first warm day yesterday with the mercury stopping just shy of 30C. Reports of the cuckoos moving down through Queensland are starting to come in and so the birding action may be about to pick up again as things are clearly back on the move.

Female Crimson Banded Wrasse

Hopefully I'll then get out and about and do something different that I can share with you. Recent weeks have continued to be filled with the pleasant regular visits to the Blue Mountains and fishing picnics in the harbour. It's all going to start in a couple of weeks when I'll be heading north to the Whitsundays with my sister who flies into Sydney at the end of this week. I reckon I can kick things off with some proper fishing which might turn up a few specimens a bit bigger than the little stuff I've been pulling out down here.

Fishing in the harbour

There are also strong rumours of a new car arriving in the next few days! It's painful to let the Focus go as it's been a fantastic little motor but it's finally beginning to show it's age and so time now for a well-deserved retirement. The next and third iteration of the Bush Mobile is a step up in terms of being able to get out into the rough stuff and, who knows, it may even have to be taken up some of the famous inland tracks in the future. Watch this space...! 

 Silver Sweep
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home