Friday, June 30, 2006

Back to Scotland (June '06)

Newtonferry, North Uist
.
Due to my attending a conference in Rome at the start of July, I've returned home to Scotland for a couple of weeks beforehand for a wee break and to catch the world cup in a more comfortable time-zone. I've just returned from a fantastic 5 days with my parents up in North Uist in the Outer Hebrides.
.
Views from the croft at No.1 Lochportain
.
Amazingly we avoided any rain and instead we enjoyed a glorious few days of sunshine and relative warmth. I guess you'd say the fishing was average this time although we managed a good meal of trout one night. It's said that otters have been coming to our favourite loch and been eating all the fish. Its a good excuse and I think I might just stick to it!
.
A carpet of flowers on the machair
.
The animals, flowers and scenery more than make up for a couple of dodgy fishing trips though. Absolutely beautiful!
.
Mum and Dad at the "Kettlespout"

.Berneray looking north to Harris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home